“Trust the one who proves with actions. Query the one who justifies in words.”
An inquisitive reader asks for my take on female body language:
hey could you write about female body language and tell if they really fake it sometimes ? Can their conscious tendency to average looking men lead to "fake" body language ?
Two questions are presented here with differing levels of transparency.
Can a man tell if a woman is faking her actions in her body language?
The easy answer is yes, but such a small minority of men are alert to these signals. The reason so few men are clued up in this way is because the vast proportion of male society conduct a lapdog mentality in terms of idolizing women and living in trepidation of saying or doing even the slightest wrong move that disrupts the female all so important universe. These men, as a by-product of this fear, essentially and wrongly believe women are attracted to their all so nice, passive and suck up ways. The truth is that women settle for these men.
I always find one of the most effective approaches with women you don’t know is to expect a level of fake mannerisms, and allow them to prove you wrong (or right). Too many men take the inverse lead – that women’s words and actions are forever genuine.
Ultimately, 95% of women will be far more self-conscious, far more insecure, in far greater need of social validation, and living in far leveraged need to think their life is or greater importance than their peers, than 95% of men. The 5% cross-overs (and I’m being generous on this 5%) do not make up for the general course of normality. Yes, some women stray further to the right of these intensities than others, but this percentage overlap should be your starting point.
With this in mind, it is an almost common default for women to fake their true feelings, thoughts, opinions and body language to cover up any obvious weaknesses. Add on their magnified egos, taking their lives too seriously and a protection to avoid rejection, disappointment and failures, and here you have a person who is constantly never allowing herself to just act in a genuine, honest and care-free demeanour.
Some snap shots of conspicuous female body language signals:
- A weak attempt to aim humorous comments (99% of women are not funny) or belittle a man with calibre, sometimes with gestures, but often with words when she is walking past to block out responses that would prick her bubble.
- Blatantly eyeing up a man she finds sexually attractive, but once in closer proximity, total denial of his existence or of her interest.
- Once approached by the man she finds sexually attractive, a common habit is to limit eye contact and conversation, thus vainly attempting to convince her mind she doesn’t like him in reality.
- Head down when walking past people who are not familiar with her.
- Over friendly with men she is not attracted to, in order to convince others she is popular and that men (unwanted men) can’t resist her existence.
- No eye contact or acknowledgement when striding past people in opposite direction.
- The quick, sharp and fake smile when greeting someone, before quickly returning back to the miserable default.
- Acting all happy that their peers look good, have met a great guy, or accomplished something, only to progressively see that irritable grin return to a more disappointed expression that spells out she is jealous.
- Pretending she is talking to someone on the phone.
- Acting far more natural (eye contact, genuine conversation) with men she is not attracted to – hence she has nothing to prove to them.
- On a night out, one moment dancing around, hugging “friends” and pretending life is so much fun, quickly followed by a stern faced, over serious look when walking to the bathroom. The two extremes don’t align to normality.
- An over excited reaction when seeing someone she knows on a night out. Reason: social proof requirement and safety in numbers insecurity.
- Walking into social environments (mainly bars and the gym) texting someone.
The last one is my favourite. Allowing for sleep, there are near on 16 hours in the day when someone could be texting her or she is texting back. Isn’t it a coincidence it all so happens to be in that moment? As much as this hurts a woman’s self-opinion, no woman in the world outside of extreme fame can feasibly be that busy or popular. Yet again, a tell-tale sign of low confidence and high inhibition.
Can their conscious tendency to average looking men lead to "fake" body language?
Some of the points above are covered in this question. As readers of Women's choices: men's divorces are fully aware, most women prefer to be with men less physically attractive than they are. By no sheer chance, most of these men will be along the mediocre scale. Cute women will be with average looking men, hot women will seek out above average looking men.
In consideration to the common trend that is seen, and in view of that 99 out of 100 men who women interact with are not exactly making their panties moist, women have no trouble in the main to acting relaxed with nearly all men. Then put someone who is the opposite – a good looking man with height and admirable body profile - in her vicinity. This is when the fake body language comes into play:
Plausible deniability is the key habit in these rare situations for women. Deep down in their hearts and vaginal impulses, they know a sexual attraction is there. But women’s egos do not like the aspects they feel towards men who are admired and desired by other women:
- First, they do not like men who are unattainable. The thought of a man – at least a man who is not famous - being above their league in physical allure gender relativity is not a fond one.
- Second, even if they know they could attract this man – mainly high end cute and hot women – they don’t sit easy in the knowledge they couldn’t, or don’t have the inner confidence, to lock him down.
- Third, irrespective to knowledge of his past or not, they will resign to the assumption that his interest will only last for so long before he ventures onto something fresher.
So next time you are dealing with a woman who is more than a passing acquaintance or colleague, you may be well advised to lead with your eyes that bit more than your ears. There are some women out there with true integrity, and there is a very small segment who you can believe what they say 90% of the time. But when you have been intimately involved with many women over a decade or so, you will have experienced more than enough female habits to draw trends to how the next one is likely to be. This likelihood will come in some form of fake delivery.